VP of Sales and Marketing
Job Summary :
Direct and coordinate activities involving radar sales with associated accessories and service packages. Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability. Oversee sales managers and staff. Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures. Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts. Plan and direct staffing, training and performance evaluations. Develop and oversee sales and marketing programs. Confer with department heads to secure information on equipment and customer specifications. Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products. Confer with potential customers regarding product needs and advise customers on types of product to purchase. Approve marketing materials and price lists.
Develop new business opportunities from concept through contract award. Manage relationships with customers from initial contact to contract award, and through contract execution to follow on contracts. Set goals, as an induvial and as a team, and oversee progress to ultimately meet these goals. Oversee and manage proposal writing. Prepare concept papers, proposals, full cost and technical proposals. Act as technical or administrative point of contact on contracts. Manage human resources through daily interactions with personnel and regular employee performance reviews and salary reviews. Oversee international business development and compliance with International Trade and Arms Regulations (ITAR) as well as other export regulations. Coordinate with US State Department on public release of information and exports. Oversee regulatory compliance with FCC and military spectrum usage (DoD 1494).
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to present in front of an audience
- Support requirement shaping, responses to customers and supporting company channel partners/team members
- Identify, qualify and communicate potential opportunities by way of customer identification, market and solution development and position, requirements assessment and validation, positioning for effective capture strategies, and Win-Strategy development
- Support proposal activities associated with the pursuit of International and Domestic opportunities
- Support contract negotiations
- Build collaborative teams to pursue international and domestic business opportunities
- Provides bottom-up analysis that supports adequate budget activity for specified pursuits for the sales team
- Foster relationships at a governmental level in Washington DC
- Domestic and/or international travel is required
- Integrate company values in carrying out job responsibilities
- Other duties as required
All sales/BizDev and Marketing/Media staff, other supervisory responsibilities as required.
Minimum Requirements, Education, Certifications
BS or MBA, or other degree in a related field
Excellent writing skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
10+ years’ Outside Sales, Program Management or Business Development experience
Essential Mental Functions:
Ability to solve problems, apply logic and reasoning, conduct analysis and apply advanced mathematical and statistical methodologies.
Essential Physical functions and Working Conditions
Work performed in an office environment with little or no exposure to inclement weather. Some physical effort required. Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facilities. Travel required. Noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Management: 10 years