IMSAR specializes in small, high-performance Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and Moving Target Indicator (MTI) systems for manned and unmanned aircraft. IMSAR’s NanoSAR is the world’s smallest, high-performance SAR. IMSAR also develops its own antennas, pod and mounting structures, communication links, ground station processing servers, and exploitation and dissemination software. In addition to developing exciting technology, IMSAR places a high value on work-life balance. Generally, employees can expect to work around 40 hours a week. Other benefits include a generous profit sharing bonus, 401k match, employer HSA contributions, and PTO.
IMSAR is seeking a Senior Algorithms Engineer with 10+ years experience in signal processing. This person would be working on development, implementation, and maintenance of advanced processing algorithms related to sensor data collection, interpretation and manipulation.
- Develop, apply, maintain and improve algorithms for internal research and development, existing customer support, and new products
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in research, design, development, testing, and integration of algorithms into products.
- Process and analyze sensor data to produce qualitative and quantitative assessments
- Conduct technical/scholarly research related to algorithmic development and generate reports detailing findings and recommendations
- Collaborate with other engineering departments for problem identification and resolution. Report to management on progress and issues related to algorithms
- Review contractual and internal efforts to ensure that deliverable and schedules are met. Interface with customer concerning problems with algorithms and assure that effective corrective action is implemented
- Promote information assurance, test methodology, coding standards, and documentation. May complete, write, and deliver training materials related to algorithms
- Integrate company values in carrying out job responsibilities
- Other duties as required
Take technical lead on projects as needed.
- MS degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years experience in signal processing
- Experience using python, MATLAB, or similar scientific scripting language
- Experience using C, C++, or similar programming language
- Experience using Linux or Unix-like operating systems
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal skills
- Analytical and team skills
- Proficient using word processing and presentation software
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
Essential Physical functions and Working Conditions:
Work performed in an office environment, with no exposure to inclement weather. Some light physical effort required. Able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facilities. Minimal travel required. Noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
All applicants must be either a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid residency (green) card per FAR 22 C.F.R. 120.15.
We are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all human resources actions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or national origin. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, especially those from historically underrepresented groups.