Senior Verification Engineer, Team Lead
IMSAR specializes in small, high-performance Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and Moving Target Indicator (MTI) systems for manned and unmanned aircraft. IMSAR’s NanoSAR is the world’s smallest, high-performance SAR. IMSAR also develops its own antennas, pod and mounting structures, communication links, ground station processing servers, and exploitation and dissemination software. In addition to developing exciting technology, IMSAR places a high value on work-life balance. Generally, employees can expect to work around 40 hours a week. Other benefits include a generous profit sharing bonus, 401k match, employer HSA contributions, and PTO.
Our team is seeking a Senior Verification Engineer with experience leading a talented team and testing and qualifying complicated software and radar systems. This individual will serve as the Verification Team Lead and oversee the efforts of various other engineers working on the team. The Verification Team is responsible for developing and maintaining the test and release process and for executing that process to test and release software and systems. The verification team works closely with other software development teams and provides integration support when necessary. Our ideal candidate will have experience with developing and exercising test suites for enterprise grade code. They will also have experience leading a team of other talented engineers.
- Coordinate the verification team efforts with various project managers to ensure the team is fulfilling company needs
- Lead the effort to develop and maintain software and system test suites to ensure high quality and high reliability software releases
- Promote established standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle
- Communicate well with upper management, customer support, marketing, project managers, programmers, and others
- Integrate company values in carrying out job responsibilities
- Other duties as required
Team lead over software team.
- BS in Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of C++/C and Python
- Leadership experience
- Experience using Linux or Unix-like operating systems
- Able to effectively communicate with a variety of personality type people
- Able to quickly learn and understand complex systems
- Able to reapply known principles to new uses
- Can solve problems related to software and hardware failures
- Clean programming and commenting is essential
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
Essential Physical functions and Working Conditions:
Work performed in an office environment, with no exposure to inclement weather. Some light physical effort required. Able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facilities. Minimal travel required. Noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
All applicants must be either a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid residency (green) card per FAR 22 C.F.R. 120.15.
We are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all human resources actions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or national origin. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, especially those from historically underrepresented groups.